Renaming an iMessage group chat isn’t enough. If you want to make a group chat stand out, it should have a distinctive photo. Here’s how to change the group photo in Messages on iPhone and iPad.
The iOS 14 update come with a lot of great features and one of that, is making it possible for users of the iMessage to add a photo or profile pics to a group. A group chat with a photo makes it stands out than the regular one with just an icon. The update makes customizing group chats and conversations easy.
When you add a photo to a group, it lets you identify the chat in your conversations list more easily. It doesn’t matter if you are using an iPhone and iPad, the process is similar and this post was made for that. The process also allows you to change the group name too. In general, it allows you to customize it, in your own fun way.
Adding a Photo to iMessage Groups
To add a new profile photo to your iMessage group, simply follow the steps below;
- Click to launch the “Messages” app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Select the group you which to edit
- Click on the group name at the top and then on “info”
- Continue with “Choose a name and a photo”
- Choose whether to take a photo on the spot, choose it from the library, add an emoji or letters
- Select the element to insert, resize it and click on “Choose”
- Choose (if necessary) an effect to add and click on “Finish”
This is how you can add a profile pic to a group. If you wish to change the photo, you can repeat the process and then select a different pic.