Samsung has started rolling out One UI 2.5 update to the Galaxy A50 and A90 smartphones. The update comes with a firmware number A505FDDU5BTL1 for the Galaxy A50, while the Galaxy A90 has A908NKSU3CTL3A.
Both firmwares hit the smartphones with the latest December security patch from Google. The One UI 2.5 update brings SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes, supports Bitmoji stickers on always-on display, and the YouTube search option on the keyboard. Further, it improves the camera and added a button in Wi-Fi to request a Wi-Fi password.
Aside these features, the One UI 2.5 brings Dex function to the Galaxy A90 5G. Although this is missing from the Galaxy A50 smartphone, all other features are similar. Check out the changelog below;
Galaxy A90 5G One UI 2.5 update – Changelog
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
- * This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
- * The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
NOTE: This may probably a be a staged rollout so you might have to wait a couple of days before the OTA update hits your Galaxy A50 or A90 device.